Sydney 2 CAMberra Incorporated is committed to protecting your privacy and respects and upholds your rights under the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”). By using this website, you agree to and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information as set out in this policy.
Personal information is information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can be reasonably ascertained, from that information or opinion. Personal information we may collect from you includes, without limitation, your name, address, email address, telephone number(s) and date of birth.
Sydney 2 CAMberra will collect personal information only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. If it is reasonable and practical to do so, Sydney 2 CAMberra will only collect personal information about you directly from you. Sydney 2 CAMberra will not collect personal information unless the information is necessary for our functions and activities.
What does Sydney 2 CAMberra do with your personal information?
Sydney 2 CAMberra uses your personal information for the purposes of:
- providing our services to you;
- providing our services to you;
- our marketing activities;
- responding to any inquiries or comments that you submit to us;
- any other purpose you have consented to; and
- any use which is required or authorised by law.
Sydney 2 CAMberra accepts payment via Mastercard, Visa & American Express credit cards.
Prices of products, delivery or any other charges displayed on our website are current at the time of issue, but are subject to change at any time.
Sydney 2 CAMberra will charge your credit card in Australian Dollars (AUD).
Please choose carefully, as we do not normally provide refunds if you simply change your mind or make a wrong decision. Should the clothing provided be faulty we will endeavour to obtain a replacement, or a refund where available.
Donations to the Sydney2CAMberra website are non-refundable.
Items you purchase are not shipped, they are to be collected by yourself or a nominated representative at our gear collection day. If shipping interstate is required, then this will be done at cost when weight and dimensions of the goods are known.
Ride Terms and Conditions
Rider Participation Agreement
I agree to compete in the Sydney 2 CAMberra event on the following basis:
- All entries must be via the official Event Registration Process via our website and will not be accepted unless all details are included and accompanied by the correct entry fee.
- I acknowledge I will be required to attend training rides prior to the event that will enable the organisers to understand my fitness levels and capabilities prior to the event. This will also allow me to learn to ride in a peleton with other riders.
- I am required to raise a minimum of $1,000 in donations for the event. If I am unable to raise $1,000 in donations, I will contribute the remaining amount.
- My registration is not transferable to other people. If I am unable to compete, or if the event is cancelled for any reason whatsoever, my event registration fee and all donations made to the Stillbirth Foundation Australia and Red Nose will not be refunded.
- I consent to my personal information being used for the purpose of me becoming a registered entrant of this event.
- I understand that the split of all donation monies received in the name of the Sydney 2 CAMberra Charity Ride will be split between the two charities at the discretion of the organisers at the completion of the event.
- I give consent for the Sydney 2 CAMberra Incorporated to use my name, image and likeness, before during or after the event, for event promotional broadcasting or reporting purposes in any media.
- I acknowledge that I have read and familiarised myself with the “Australian Bunch Riding Rules and Etiquette” published. (A copy of which is available from the event organisers).
- I agree to abide by the rules of the event and obey all traffic laws and directions given by the organisers and Police.
- I have disclosed on this entry form details of any medical or physical conditions from which I suffer that might affect my performance or be relevant if medical treatment is needed. I acknowledge that I should not compete in this event unless I have trained appropriately and a medical practitioner has verified my physical condition.
- I consent to receiving any medical treatment that the Sydney 2 CAMberra Incorporated medical officers think desirable during or after the event. If I become ill or injured and further treatment is required an ambulance may be contacted. If this occurs, I will pay for the cost of the ambulance.
- I acknowledge that I understand that participation in this event involves riding on public roads used by motor vehicles and involves the real risk of serious injury or even death. I acknowledge that, whilst all reasonable care is taken by the Sydney 2 CAMberra Incorporated, I am participating in this event at my own risk and I am responsible for taking all reasonable care and adhering to all road rules and any other conditions imposed or directions given by Police and or organisers/officials. I acknowledge that safety precautions undertaken by Sydney 2 CAMberra Incorporated and/or Police are a service to me and are not a guarantee of safety.
- By competing, I accept all risks necessarily flowing from my participation that could result in loss of life or permanent injury. Accordingly, I release all people associated with the conduct of the event from, and will indemnify them against, all liability (including liability for their negligence) for all injury, loss or damage arising out of or connected with my participation in this event. For clarification, the people released include Sydney 2 CAMberra Incorporated, officials, promoters, sponsors and Police. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representatives and assigns.
- Support vehicles operate throughout the event. While volunteers take due care when handling bikes, the event is not responsible for any damages, costs or expenses that may be incurred as a result of the handling of bikes and other equipment.
- I understand that I must purchase Insurance cover from Cycling Australia at an additional cost and accept that I may not be covered for all injury, loss or damage sustained by me.
- I am fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions at the event.
- I certify that I am 18 years of age or older and I have read this document and I fully understand it.
Sydney2CAMberra Charity Ride means Sydney2CAMberra Incorporated and includes, where appropriate volunteers and contractors.